In today’s blog post, we’re answering a few of the commonly asked questions our HVAC company receives about air conditioners. Continue reading to learn more, and if you have a specific question or are in need of AC service, contact the team at Quality Air Experts in Northern Virginia.
Air Conditioning FAQs
Air Conditioning FAQs
What are the benefits of air conditioning?
Air conditioning has a range of benefits, including:
- Improved comfort: Air conditioning can help to regulate the temperature and humidity in a room, creating a more comfortable environment.
- Reduced asthma symptoms: Air conditioning can help to reduce asthma symptoms by controlling the humidity levels in a room.
Are there any health risks associated with air conditioning?
There are some health risks associated with air conditioning, including:
- Allergies: Air conditioning can exacerbate allergies in some people.
- Bacteria: Air conditioning can promote the growth of bacteria if it is not properly maintained.
- Dust mites: Air conditioning can increase the number of dust mites in a room.
- Mold: Air conditioning can promote the growth of mold if it is not properly maintained.
With the proper care and maintenance, many of these risks can be avoided! Contact the team at Quality Air Experts in Northern Virginia for regular HVAC maintenance services.
How do I maintain my air conditioning unit?
To maintain your air conditioning unit, you should:
- Clean the filters regularly: This will help to ensure that your unit is running optimally.
- Keep the unit free of dirt and dust: This will help to prevent the unit from overheating.
- Check the coils for signs of damage: This will help to ensure that your unit is running safely.
- Schedule regular maintenance checks: This will help to ensure that your unit is running safely and efficiently. Contact our HVAC company to schedule AC maintenance.
How much does air conditioning cost to run?
The cost of running air conditioning will vary depending on the size of the unit, the level of humidity in your home, and the climate where you live. However, on average, it costs around $100 to $200 per month to run an air conditioning unit.